It's that time of the year again for travelling – from visiting that ever-smiling auntie who suffocates you with her hugs to catching up with old buddies out of town. So, whether you're planning to make waves on the coast, kick up dust in the Karoo or just keep it local and lekker, you need to get there safely.Here are some tips to keep you on the safe side:
- Make sure to thoroughly check your vehicle before starting out on your trip. Fewer hours on the road equals more time doing the things you love.
- We all like to burn rubber and feel the wind in our hair, but remember to keep in line with the speed limits – those traffic cops can appear out of nowhere!
- When it comes to guzzling, your tank should be the only one in the car engaging in such activities, unless of course you’re only drinking juice.
- Strap on your seatbelt for every trip, so you can avoid getting too well-acquainted with the windscreen.
- The roads get slippery when wet, so be sure to drive more carefully in the rain.
- No matter how much you want to call your mom with Sunday lunch suggestions, for your own safety, stay off the phone while you’re driving.
- Motorcyclists should always wear their safety gear… no matter how much it tones down your road rebel look.
- When fatigued, make sure you stop at a garage and get some rest, and while you’re there, why not use your Virgin Money Credit Card to fill up your tank?
- Or, use your Virgin Money Credit Card to grab a bite to eat and get to your destination energized and ready to crank up the festivities!
And as our gift to you…..we are keeping our 2013 fees the same as 2012 fees. This means that there will be no increase in costs to you. The only fees which you will pay will be your usual card fees.
For more information on our credit card offer visit www.virginmoneycard.co.za.
Here’s to a fun-filled and safe festive season!