We know you love your Virgin Money Credit Card and the convenience it provides. However it can turn into an absolute nightmare if it falls into the wrong hands. Fraudsters use a variety of methods to scam people. They might get lucky and find your lost card, take over your account or skim your credit card.
The new Virgin Money Credit Card not only looks good but comes with chip technology coupled with your unique pin for enhanced security. We track your transactions at every point of purchase for any suspicious activities giving you peace of mind. If you don’t have your new chip and pin card yet please call us on 0861 822 273 and we will reissue your new card to you.
Fraudsters can be very sneaky but with the right information you can decrease your chances of falling victim.
Protect your card
- Never save the Password and Pin on your desktop - as it may allow others to access your personal information, without your permission
- Don’t let your card out of your site at points of sale.
- When you notice something suspicious about the card slot on an ATM Machine do not put your card in the machine.
Protect your account.
- Always check your bank statement for suspicious transactions. If there are any suspicious entries, contact us immediately on 0861 VCCARD.
- When shopping online only make purchases from reputable merchants as they will often take precautions to ensure safe transacting.
- Do not send e-mails that quote your card number, expiry date or any card details.
- When shopping online ensure that the website has a valid secured certificate (closed lock at the bottom of your screen) and the web-site address line starts with https before inserting your card details.
- Never allow merchants’ websites to save your personal and banking details. When the option present itself, always click “No”.
- Do not purchase anything from a website which source is a link in an e-mail, as it could lead to a phony website.
- Read the terms and conditions of the sale carefully to avoid accepting condition that you were not aware of.
- When receiving promotions or special deals via email, telephonically or from online web-sites. If interested, always verify the validity of the source prior to providing your personal and banking details for your account to be debited.
- Install a spam blocker on your system. This will ensure that fraudsters find it difficult to send you phishing emails.
If you suspect any fraudulent activity on your Virgin Money Credit Card and would like to stop your card please call us on 0861 822 273 and follow the voice prompts.